Keep your password confidential at all times
Important tips on how you can protect your password:
Your user ID is like a key to your online safe. We identify you using your
User ID and Password. As such, protecting your online identity is very
important and you need to safeguard your password at all times.
- Never use the same password for other web-based services such as for
email, online shopping, digital identity and other online subscription
- Do not choose a password that is easily guessed, like your telephone number,
NRIC number, date of birth, User ID, or other associated data. You should
select a robust and unique password to make it difficult for anyone to guess.
- Do not use sequential numbers (eg. 123456) or the same number more than twice
- Do not share or reveal your password to anyone.
- Memorise your password. Do not write down your password or store it in computer
hard-disk, diskette, mobile phone or other insecure means.
- Do not use your password when someone else can see you keying it in.
- Before entering your User ID and password, you should always check that the
site you are visiting belongs to Tokio Marine Life Insurance Singapore by verifying that the URL displayed
in the browser is correct.
- When performing online transactions, always ensure that the URL is preceded by
- For Chrome,IE and Firefox browsers, a security icon that looks like a lock or key should
appear in the browser.
- Always use the latest recommended Internet browser so that you have the most
updated security features available.
- Change your password regularly (minimum 10 characters).
- Change your password immediately if you suspect it has been exposed to others
or the moment you suspect any unauthorised access.
Note : No staff of Tokio Marine Life Insurance Singapore should ever ask you for
your password for whatever reasons.
Always log off your online session
Log off your online session whenever you leave your computer, even if it is for
a short while. This immediately ends your Intranet session and prevents further
transactions from being carried out without a fresh login. You should also shut
down your computer, when not in use, to prevent unauthorised access to your
Do not store your User ID and password when using Microsoft Edge browsers
In Microsoft Microsoft Edge, the "AutoComplete" function stores and lists
possible matches from entries that you have typed previously. You can prevent
any User ID and password from being stored in Microsoft Edge by
de-activating the "AutoComplete" function:
- Launch your Microsoft Edge browser and click on "Tools" > "Internet
Options" > "Content".
- Under "Personal Information", click on "AutoComplete".
- Uncheck "User names and passwords on forms" and click on "Clear Passwords".
- Click on "OK" to save the changes.
Do not disclose your personal information to suspicious websites
To prevent your personal information from being captured by bogus websites, you
should not disclose your personal information to little-known or suspicious
Use a computer/ device that you trust
You should not use computers/ devices which cannot be trusted such as shared or
public computers, especially computers located in unusual and bizarre places.
If you have to, always clear your browser's cache after each session on such
computers to ensure your account information is removed. For Microsoft Edge
users, please also ensure that the "AutoComplete" function is deactivated
Clear your browser's cache and history after each session
Temporary files stored in your computer called cache files and history can
retain information and data. Always remember to clear your browser's cache and
history after each session so that your account information is removed,
especially if you are using a shared computer.
Disable the "File and Printer Sharing" feature on your Operating System
This prevents an external party from gaining illegal control or access to your
computer. You can refer to your computer vendor or instruction manual on how
this can be done.
Let us know immediately if there's a problem!
If you notice any unusual/unauthorised access, please change your password or
notify us immediately. Where necessary, your Intranet access can be suspended
at your request to protect your interest.